The look is fresh, crisp and squeaky clean!
The announcement board today reads:
Today you’ll notice the appearance of the new eBay logo—a fitting symbol for other exciting developments we’re unveiling today.
eBay is growing fast, with more than 4 million new users in the first half of 2012 alone. And technology is changing the way we shop faster than ever. Just a decade ago, smart phones didn’t exist. Today, eBay apps have been downloaded more than 100 million times and we’re seeing an exponential increase in transactions via mobile devices in 2012.
No matter how or where we shop, we expect convenience. We want personalized experiences tailored to our unique interests. We expect to make quick and easy purchases, whether the products we want are down the street or halfway around the world.
That’s where eBay comes in. Our commitment is to make sure that as a buyer, your expectations are met head on—and that as a seller, you have the technology platform you need to thrive in this new world of commerce.
You may already be seeing some of the innovations we’re unveiling today—others we’ll be testing, refining, and introducing in the months ahead. Along with our new logo, they reflect the new eBay—one that puts you front and center:
- Your personalized homepage: You may have started to notice a new look to some eBay pages, including the homepage. Soon you’ll see an exciting new feature on the eBay homepage called the “Feed” offering a collection of items selected for you, based on your shopping history or your own personal interests.
- Easy-to-scan search results: You’ll also notice a change when you run a search—including more inviting pictures that make it fun and easy to spot just what you want.
- At-a-glance item page: When you click on an item, you’ll see a stand-out picture right up front, plus all the important details you need to make a purchase.
- Two-click checkout: You’ll soon have the option to link your eBay and PayPal accounts and complete most purchases in as few as two quick clicks. The streamlined checkout option is available to many buyers now and will be offered during checkout to most buyers by the end of this month.
- More selling power in your eBay profile: As a seller, you can now hook into the power of social media right from your eBay profile. Link to your Facebook fan or profile page, and embed YouTube videos. Plus, buyers see a larger profile image and larger images of items you’re selling.
And this is only the beginning—we’ll continue to innovate in ways that make it easier and more fun to shop and buy, and easier and more profitable to sell.
Get a closer look at the new eBay. As always, many of these enhancements are the direct result of suggestions from you, the eBay community. We continue to value your input. As you shop, we invite you to send us your feedback.
Thank you for being part of the new eBay—we hope you enjoy it!
FOR ME personally, no reason at all, but for me the new look made me feel young again! I cannot explain it but it was how I felt when I first experienced the home page. Go take a look for yourself and tell me, how does it make you feel: www.ebay.com