Preparing to attend events like this one can help to stay organized and get the most out of it. Especially when they are running about a day and a half long. It can be a lot to take in and absorb but the rewards are grand in the end as long as you are rested and ready for this awesome eBay adventure of learning and networking!
- Review the sessions on line and make a list of which ones you would like to attend a few days before you leave for the event. It is also a good idea to “prioritize” the list because some sessions may be at the same time and this is OKAY because all sessions will be recorded so you can watch them a week or so later when they go live on the site: eBayOnLocation.com
- Arrive early and take a walk to learn ahead of time where everything is located.
- Bring lots of breath mints. Nothing worse that talking to people with bad breath!
- Drink lots of water! You may even want to carry a water bottle but eBay usually provides water at different locations. Do not ignore this because you want to keep your energy up and stay hydrated.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. There is nothing worse than wearing something too tight which can make sitting uncomfortable.
- Bring business cards. This is a MUST NOT forget!
- After speaking with someone, turn the business card over and jot a note about the talk you had with them. This will help you remember more about the person when you return home to review the cards later and send a follow-up email or phone call.
- Talk to people and don’t be shy! This is the time to hold out your hand, “Nice to meet you” and enjoy the power of LIVE, in person, social networking! Keep in mind, everyone is there for the same reason as you, to learn, network and TALK EBAY!
- Set a goal to meet NEW people and make NEW friends! You cannot grow your network by hanging out with the same people all the time. Avoid “clicks” and be on a mission to meet as many new people as you can.
- Talk to staff! Spend some time with eBay’s Seller Outreach and eBay’s Customer Support. (they can be found in the expo center, main floor area, usually in a back corner ) Take advantage of the opportunity to talk about your eBay account with a LIVE staff member. Use this time to share a concern, log into your account and take a look at something new within “MY EBAY” aka YOUR EBAY and make the most of your time to LEARN and GROW your eBay business!
EBay on Location events are for everyone from the newbie to the seasoned seller. This is the perfect place to become a part of the worlds largest online market place LIVE in person! No one there will be a stranger. Everyone there will be a friend because we all share the same desire and that is to make money from home, from our offices creating our own destiny and learning how to set goals to take our businesses any direction we choose. From the large eBay seller to the small eBay seller, this is a “level playing field” where everyone is equal in the lovely eBay community!
Hope to see you there!