Researching this type of glass has been a challenging and fun process with so many different types and styles. I have been able to track down the main style a client brought to me to list for her on eBay. I’ve found this type of Venetian Art Glass serving sets in a few different glass colors such as:
- Cobalt Blue
There are several styles of this glass on eBay and have noticed the fact that many sellers are not having much success by listing them as a set. Those that have sold, sold for lower dollars then those listing individually. Because of this research I feel it’s worth trying to tell them piece by piece first and then the odd ones left to box lot together if needed later.
The highest priced similar SOLD sets I found in Cobalt blue are:
- 35-Piece Anton Kusak Cobalt Blue Gold Panel Bohemian Crystal Glasses, Punch Bowl: sold for $1,500.00 on June 5th, 2012. eBay item # 320910047022.
- 7 Bohemian Cobalt Blue Cut to Clear Goblets Wine Bar Stemware Glasses: sold for $495.00 on June 5th, 2012 eBay item # 330759479437
The highest priced Single items found are:
- Exceptional Bohemian Czech Cobalt Blue Moser Art Glass Wine Stem Goblet Roemer: Sold June 20th for $495.00, eBay item # 320930248810
- Antique Bohemian Moser lady Portrait Cobalt Blue vase. Sold on May 5, 2012 for $281.56. eBay item #
And the highest priced BOHEMIAN ART GLASS I found was a PAIR OF LARGE ART GLASS BOHEMIAN PORTRAIT VASES 18 1/2″ that sold on May 7, 2012 for $3,300.00! eBay item # 270972806685
Here is a master list search on eBay to give you an idea of the current listing styles:
- Murano Italian Bohemian Glass
- Bohemian Gold Glass
- Cobalt Blue Bohemian Gold Glass
- Cranberry Bohemian Gold Glass
- Green Bohemian Gold Glass
Using the word VENETIAN which is obviously the true identity is not a big selling word in the cobalt blue, gold pattern. The highest priced set I found using Venetian set sold for $138.37 on April 23, 2012 eBay Item # 261000729821
Searching current listings on eBay : Blue Venetian Art Glass <- take a look at the style of the current listings.
Then take a look at completed listings selling as: Blue Venetian Art Glass
My advise is to include all types of words as part of keywords to increase the odds for sales when listing these types of items. Each unique collector will have different words they personally use in addition to the collectors of each category and product. Such as the sugar bowl collectors, creamer collectors and so on.
- San Marco
My listings include:
AND last but not least, the rarest item of all: