eBay consignment selling has always played a huge part of my eBay business.
Way back in 1997, when I was a new eBay seller, I placed an eBay consignment ad in the newspaper and my first customer was a young lady who wanted to sell her Beanie Babies so she could buy a car.
I was able to get top dollar for her items! Once I discovered how very rewarding it felt to help this lovely girl buy a car and at the same time make a profit, too – I was hooked!
I made being an eBay consignment seller a big part of my business model.
Almost 23 years later, my eBay consignment business is still going strong! I’ve sold everything you can think of! From a farm tractor motor to diamonds to American Girl dolls, the sky’s the limit.
No item is too big or too small for consignment.
The best item I sold was a chopper motorcycle for $12,100.00 – on consignment!
5 Reasons You Need an eBay Consignment Seller
Even if you have an active eBay account and are fairly familiar with selling on eBay, I’ll most likely be able to command a higher selling price for your items by selling them for you.
The amount of feedback an eBay seller often determines the selling price. Those who have more feedback attract more buyers and those buyers are willing to pay what the item is truly worth.
My feedback score is almost 16K. Buyers know they can place 100% trust in me.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. On eBay, a the right picture might be worth $1,000.00!
Inexperienced eBay sellers greatly underestimate how pictures help sales. Beginners generally do not take and post enough images of their items. Also, their pictures are usually not good enough quality to show the ‘awesomeness’ of the item.
I have a photography “studio” set up in my home. Using different colored backgrounds, lighting, etc. all makes a difference in the attractiveness of an image. This attention to detail can make or break a selling price.
Words matter. To get item listings found, an eBay seller must know where to put what words so the search engines find their products first. This takes research and the wisdom of experience.
If you’re the casual eBay seller, chances are, items I list will show up to potential buyers over your listing, every time. This is because I know how to research the exact words people are using when they look for items they want to buy.
Great pictures and keywords matter but it’s the sales copy that closes a deal. Using just the right words which motivate buyers is a skill that takes time to perfect. It took me a while to get this down pat but over the last 18 years I’ve gotten pretty good at it. 😉
It’s not enough just to list an item. To keep your feedback rating high, you’ve got to respond to customer questions in a timely manner. And, how you respond is equally important.
eBay has been my full-time job for almost 2 decades. I respond to sales inquiries almost immediately. And, over the years, I’ve learned how to work with even the most difficult customer so that both parties get what they want and leave the bargaining table happy!
Let Me Be Your eBay Consignment Seller
Ready to turn your clutter into cash? Here’s how it works…
The process is simple. Please email me to discuss the items you want to sell. I’ll let you know, upfront, if your items are marketable and if I will agree to consign them.
Items may be dropped off at my office or, for larger items, I will travel to your location and take photos for the listing. If I travel to you there is a fee. The fee depends on distance, item, etc.
eBay Consignment Fees
- All items include a $3.50 listing fee. This is per item and paid to me, by seller.
- Items sold for less than $1000.00: 50/50 split of the final sale price. All eBay /PayPal fees associated with selling the item are to be paid by me.
- Items sold between $1001.00 to $5000.00: 35% commission to me and owner pays the PayPal and eBay fees.
- Single items selling over $5000.01: 25% commission and owner pays the PayPal and eBay fees.
- Shipping Fees: eBay buyers pay for all shipping fees. However, sometimes I will recommend an item be listed with “Free Shipping” Due to the unique nature of each item sold, absorption of shipping fees will be discussed after I’ve researched items and made my best recommendations.
- NOTE: Pre-paid pick-up charge of $50.00 per load will apply if I am required to come and take photos and/or pick-up items. Additionally, an appraisal fee will be added as appropriate. Prices to be discussed prior to signing of contract.
Terms & Conditions
- After the contract and inventory list is signed, I begin listing your items. That said, at my sole discretion, I reserve the right to set the listing price and listing date.
- All items are researched so as to make the most appropriate decision for listing price and listing date. Research is conducted using paid marketing and auction software. Prices and dates are set based on market research as well as my expert opinion.
- Auction vs Fixed price will be adjusted, based on research.
- Auctions may run from one day to ten days.
- Fixed price will run every 30 days with “Make an Offer” set as an option.
- There is no guarantee as to whether an item will sell or in what time frame.
- I reserve the right to make the decision of setting the ‘Auction’ or ‘Fixed price’ option.
- Payment: Monies due the seller are sent once per month. After the item has been paid for, shipped, and the customer has confirmed by leaving feedback, the item will be available for monthly payment. Checks are cut the first week of every month. PayPal is also an option for payment
Feel free to download a copy of my current contract for review:
[purchase_link id=”3216″ style=”button” color=”blue” text=”FREE download, view my consignment contract. PDF file.” direct=”true”]
OR email me if you have any questions and include a LIST with your items and/or include photos if you can.
No worries if you are not located in the Ocala FL area. Grab a box, add a plastic bag and start filling it up! Make a list while you fill it and keep a copy for yourself.
NOTE: Please only send clean clothing. No stains or rips or any issues. You can also email me a list of items before you ship. I can then review and give you an idea if they are worthy of eBay consignment selling.
I ALSO BUY OUT ESTATES! Send me a list of what you have along with your rock bottom lowest price.
Start YOUR Successful eBay Consignment Business Today!
Being an eBay consignment seller has allowed me to be a stay-at-home mom and make money from home by working online. I make my own schedule and, with consignment selling on eBay, I’ve been able to put my 3 kids through college (Go Gators!).
Let me teach you how you can make money on eBay with consignment selling! Schedule an eBay selling consultation or training today! Or, if you are a DIYer, read all my eBay consignment tips and tutorials.
Have questions? Contact me!
WAIT!! ARE YOU A CONSIGNMENT SELLER?
DO YOU BUY OUT ESTATES YOURSELF OR ARE YOU A NICHE COLLECTOR? FILL OUT MY FORM AND BE ADDED TO MY “CALL LIST”. I may call you to assist a client from your area or I may find items you collect. CLICK TO COMPLETE THE FORM
[purchase_link id=”3216″ style=”button” color=”” text=”FREE to Download a copy of my Contract” direct=”true”]